Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mayley's Backyardigans Birthday Party

Today was Mayley's Birthday Party. It was so much fun to plan and get ready!! I have never done a huge birthday party before so I thought it was going to be fun but I knew it would be a lot of work. Mayley had a Backyardigans Party. We had carnival games, cupcakes, candy and prizes for each game the kids played. I bought carnival tickets that had their names on the tickets for each game. I thought the tickets were a fun idea.

Mayley's friends getting ready for the party!

Mayley and Hailey those two are good buddies!

The Pablo bean bag toss. Thanks to Grandma Lynda for her artistic skills. The kids loved this game.
Maddie Maez had fun playing in our sandbox with Hunter. Maddie's hair looked so cute! LeAdelle does such a cute job with her hair.
We played the game "fishing" we used a stick with yarn and the kids would recieve a prize behind the blanket. My favorite part was our friend Logan came back after fishing out a little toy CAR and he saw all the girls getting a magic wand and he asked Bryan, "I didn't get a princess wand, I want one too!" What a cute little guy!

Mayley being cute on the trampoline. I think she stole tons of candy out of bowl without us knowing.



Another game we played was fishing the rubber duckies out of the swimming pool. The kids had 10 seconds to get as many ducks out with a little play shovel. I was super impressed with the kids' skills.




We also played a fortune telling game for a minute. The kids liked it for about 5 minutes and then were done. It was fun to see their faces while I played with them.


Grandma Lynda was so happy to come and hang out with Mayley. She painted all the kid's faces today!! It was so fun and she did a way cute job.

Mayley with her Grandma Redding. Grandma Redding brought the CD player so that we could listen to a backyardigans CD during the party!! That was super fun. Grandma took all these fun pics for us!


Mayley's friends that came to the party: Logan, Eliza, Hannah, Destiny, Hailey, Hunter, Maddie, and Breanne.


I made fun cupcakes with cute little backyardigans finger puppets that are made to fit on top of the cupcakes. They looked so cute!!

Mayley is sooooo excited to open her presents! I love Hunters face in this pic too!! Wow messy faces from eating the cupcakes!!



I love my little man in this pic!


Mayley loved the gloves and purse she got from her friend Eliza!! So cute!
She got so many fun awesome presents. Mayley has so many fun friends. I'm so glad it was a fun day!



6 comments:

Melissa and Doug said...

Looks like Mayley had a fun birthday party. We love the Backyardigans at our house as well. I can't believe you're little girl is 3, wow time goes by fast. Happy Birthday Mayley!!

Jake and Kate said...

Way cute! Looks like you had tons of fun! Cool game ideas, what a fun par-tay! Can you believe you have a three year old?! So crazy! She's so cute.

Michael and Natalia said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday to Mayley! You did such an amazing job today, Brianne! I was waiting all day for this post, because I wanted to thank you again! The pictures are beautiful. The weather was perfect, everyone was so excited and happy! Thank you for your hard work. We had so much fun!

Kerri said...

WOW! sounds like a ton of work but way more fun! what a great mom! mayley is getting so big!

Holly said...

So cute! What a cute mom you are. All I did was open presents and eat cake for Emri's 3rd. Wow, I better step it up next year!

Jessica said...

You are so creative. I love the bean bag toss. I can't believe Mayley is already 3!!!