Friday, March 13, 2009

The Day in the life of Brianne

I don't think I have ever just blogged about my day. So Here I sit while Bryan is at the church playing basketball and both of my kids are sound asleep. I think it is a good day to write about!!

First thing this morning we got into the bathroom to go potty and Mayley turns on the light and says: "It's Bright and Shiny in here." She always comes up with things I never know what she is going to say. It was a slow first half the day. The kids always have fun chasing each other around the house. I made them pancakes with chocolate chips in them. Somehow one of the pancakes got smooshed into the couch!!


For lunch all they wanted to eat was little oranges called "Clemintines". I think we peeled about 6 and ate them all up. While I was trying to cook some grilled cheese sandwiches on the stove I accidently turned on the wrong burner and smoke started coming out of it and it let the fire alarm off. So we ran outside and I didn't realize what a half decent WARM and Beautiful day it was today. So I had an idea to take the kids outside and have a picnic on our deck. The kids loved it. (by the way the fire alarm eventually went off) I was so excited to go and sit in the sun! YAY! I was so proud of Hunter for climbing up to get on the slide to our swingset all by him little self. First time EVER!


I taught Mayley how to play Tag and we chased each other around and giggled a lot. Hunter chased too cause he likes to run around. We kicked the balls in the backyard and into the snow. The kids of course with snow STILL in the backyard wanted to wear their snow boots. So they looked so funny.





Oh and I also made RAMAN NOODLES which I still think taste nasty when I think I'm going to try them and think i'm going to like them. YUCK!! BUT Hunter was so funny watching him eat the noodles. I couldn't find the camera today so I was bummed I don't have any pics of my day but I just put the noodles in a big bowl and let the kids have at it. They weren't too fond of them either cause none of it really got eaten.

We went and read books and tried to take a nap which only lasted for about 20 minutes until Hunter started screaming in his crib and I knew that because I had given him MIRALAX this morning. I knew he was going to need a diaper change. SO much for NAP TIME!!


I made the kids watch Mulan. I decided that is kind of a scary show to let your 1 and 2 year old to watch. Mushu is the only funny guy on there. Mayley copied the part where Mushu says "DOWN BESSIE" to the horse. That was funny too!!





I started on my new adventure of SEWING BEAN BAGS for Mayley's Bday Party. Of course the kids wanted to help and watch. Hunter had fun pushing down the pedal and making the needle go all crazy up and down. Don't Worry! I put an end to that fast! Mayley did help me put beans into the bean bags and was a good girl at doing that. I was glad to say that it was a successful atempt with making my bean bags. I can't say they were perfect but good enough that they look good.

4:15 came around and I got the kids ready and we hopped into the car. I was super tired today for some reason and just wanted to sleep. I was about to turn right onto the street and not even going to stop at the end of my street because I have a habit of doing that and almost hit my dear friend Charlene driving past me. WOW!! I followed her to her house and totally cried for almost hitting her. I love this lady to death. She comforted me with a hug and I told her I had to run to do my visiting teaching appts.



I got a new companion who is a girl that just got barely baptized a month ago. It was her first time going visiting teaching. When I dropped her off after our visits she asked..."When can we go again?" What a cute thing to say!! We visited the bishops wife and her kids love mayley and hunter so they stayed down in the basement the whole time which was wonderful!! We got to read the Proclamation of the Family because Amber, my comp, had never seen it before, I learned a new insight of how inspiried the 1st presidency and apostles truly are. Then we ran to visit another lady in the ward too who I found out she is a big fan of Napolean Dynamite.


I ran home and Bry had went and got the kids from the Bishops house and he was running out the door to go play basketball at the church. Mayley was excited to get her birthday card in the Mail from Grandma and Papa Redding. I was so stoked to get my new Kraft Foods Magazine too!! I made myself a sandwich for dinner and Bry had made the kids a PB & J sandwich. I got the kids ready so we could go play at the church and so I could have time to chat with the moms. Bry won their game and had to go back at 8:30 for the championship game. I met a new girl in our ward and was glad to have a lot in common with her. She lived at BYU Hawaii and so did all of Bryan's Siblings. I got to go over there in Dec with Bryan's Family and so it was fun to talk about Hawaii with her.

The day has finally came to an end. My favorite part was while I laid by Mayley to get her to sleep, she held my hand so sweetly in her little hand. Nothing Beats being a mom!!!!! I love my children to death!!

PHEW that was a lot to say.

7 comments:

newsinaminute said...

way to go--being a good mom and wife and friend and visiting teacher I will always remember elder ballard talk from conference
it was a shout out for young moms
(and that we should help them too)
you never have a dull moment do ya?

Kerri said...

i love your post. i love that you did like a zillion things and it was just a normal day. it's amazing how much stuff a mom does. what are the bean bags for? party favors? or a game? sounds like a fun project. kaci loves ramen noodles (brad makes em and she likes them... really any noodle she likes) wish i could come play with you all, sounds like you know how to live it up!

christianna said...

sounds like a busy day! but fun. you are so much fun. i miss you!!

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica said...

Brianne! You CRACK me UP!! Hahaha. I made the cute signature tag in photoshop, using digital scrapbooking kits.. and I used the instructions from cutestblogontheblock to figure out how to do it! It takes a bit to figure out, but once you get it, it's not so bad!

Erica said...

Oh, ps.. I've been typing my mission journal.. I'm really just in the beginning of it, and it's so hilarious! I'm getting through the hilarious CTM days with you and Langston! Hahaha. So funny.

Jake and Kate said...

phew! What a day! It's true what they say--work never ends for a mommy! You're amazing, brito!