Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"This is the Place" State Park with the Calls

We had a fun last friday. We got to go play with Grandma Lynda, Grandpa Call, Aunt Nancy and the cousins Abbie, Anna & Megan at "This is the Place" Park. I have never been there so it was a fun experience. It rained for awhile but the kids still had fun. It was fun to learn about all of Bryan's ancestors that are so prominent in the church. All of the women dress who volunteer or work there dress like pioneers.



Grandma Lynda had fun teaching the girls how to wash clothes pioneer style with the real hand made soap in the old tubs. Hunter had fun banging on the table with a antique iron they used.
They had free Horsie Rides. Mayley wasn't so sure of "Honey" the horse. I wanted her to like it but she was a little scared. I had to take a picture of her first horse riding experience though.
Mayley & Hunter did love chasing all of the sheep and goats around the large petting animal area. I think she is trying to feed one of them here.
Hunter loved feeling their skin and trying to pull it out too.

Also at the park they had a fun area where there were little houses and a train the kids could play on. Super fun for the kids.


Bry's ancestors are Anson Call and Mary Goble Pay. Anson Call was a friend of the prophet Joseph Smith and they made a monument of him up at the park. I thought that was cool. I love how the bubs is just sucking down his bottle.

Mary Goble Pay and her family has a little cabin that you go in and was actually theirs when they came to the Salt Lake Valley. She is the great grandmother of Bryan's Grandma and Sister Hickley's Great Grandma as well. How fun.

5 comments:

stephanie said...

Your kids are so darn cute, Bri! That picture of Mayley on the horse is priceless!!

newsinaminute said...

Brianne
thanks for taking time to create the header--looks nice--
and thanks for adding the quote--also thanks for sharing the day at the park last Fri-I'm glad you don't mind coming even when Bryan can't --it makes more outings that we get to go on if we don't wait for the daddies who are off working working working at their jobs--many things our kids did with their cousins was in the most part when I took them myself and bryan Sr. was at work --too
so many outings --so little time-ha
-the pic bring back the good feeling I felt that day
watching the kids

Nancy K said...

Fun playing with yoU!

Kim said...

Way cute pictures! Now I want to go! Anson Call is my ancestor too! Does this mean I'm somewhat related to Bryan? Cool beans, if its true! Well, we're excited to see ya in just a couple of weeks! We'll be at my parents the 26th/27th thru the 30th! We should plan a get-together one of those days!

Jake and Kate said...

Sounds like a fun day! Jen was only like 4 months old when we took her there, so we'll have to go again when she can actually enjoy it! Way cool about the ancestry, I'll have to look for that when we make it up there again!