Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mayley has the best memory

Mayley has made us laugh a lot latley with the things that we tell her. She remembers everything that we teach her too. We have a picture of her on an end table when she turned 3 months old. I told her that she was 3 months old in the picture and on sunday she went up to Bryan...She talks in 3rd person and said "Mayley 3 months old"

One time I told her how old Bryan and I were...26 years old. A couple days later we were at my parents house and she loves to go into my parents bathroom and get the bathroom scale. She comes out and tells my mom "26 pounds" the funny and ironic thing about it was she was 25.5 lbs.

We have been trying our best to be consistent with saying prayers with her at meal times and before going to bed. Even though she hasn't done very well responding to the idea of praying, she has just started the past couple of days. I was saying the prayer for FHE last night and she wanted to help me say it...I started by saying "We thank thee for this...." and she finished my sentence for me by saying "DAY." We were trying way hard not to laugh. Then the other night at dinner at the end of the prayer Bry said "in the name of Jesus Christ..." she says "Amen" before Bryan could say it.

She remembers when Hayley taught her how to swing on the swings on her tummy and last night while swinging on her tummy she says, "Hayley teach me."

Evey time she puts on her Strawberry flip flops she says, "Grandma Lynda".

Everytime she sees a big red wagon she says "papas house." My parents bought an awesome red wagon that they get to go for rides on when they go to Grandma and Papa Redding's house.

She remembers going to Hawaii and will say "Ocean" when we talk about it.

She says stuff I didn't even know she knew how to say. Or I will teach her once what something is and she will remember it. She loves to pretend to talk on the phone and likes to pretend to talk to Caden or Miles (brittany's boys).

She knows how to sing "The Rainbow Song" and "Twinkle Twinkle, little Star" Word for Word.
She Counts to 11 but she always seems to skip the #5...and she can sing the Alphabet but a little mumbled on some parts. I'm just proud of her and love mayley girl to pieces!!!! She is a fun girl to have.

4 comments:

Nancy K said...

She is a smarty pants!

Ryan and Staci said...

Hi Bri! I found your blog through Niki's....your kids are darling! You look great and very happy. Glad I found your blog.
Staci (S p o n b e c k) Wallace

Jessica said...

You have such cute kids...

Yatesfam said...

Isn't it so crazy to see what they remember! So much fun. And your kids are getting so big and they are so cute!!