Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm READING!!


My sweet friend Rachel has been telling me about this book and how great it is. We seem to go through a lot of the same things as moms. So I kept telling her I WANT TO READ IT!! She brought the book over so I could borrow and read it. yes I know I'm not much of a reader but its like reading scriptures. It's so UPLIFTING and wonderful. I feel like such a better person for being a mom and raising my children. I'm already on the third chapter which is pretty good for me since I have a hard time reading. I feel the spirit as I read it and I'm making myself make time for it everyday! I just want all of you wonderful moms to go get this book and read it. It costs about 14-15 dollars. It will make you feel so awesome!!! Thanks Rachel you are the greatest!!
Here is a quote from the book: President Kimball Taught "A Woman will find no greater satisfaction and joy and peace and make no greater contribution to mankind than in being a wise and worthy woman and raising good children. We must further exemplify in our own homes what it means to be a 'joyful mother of children'.....we must lead in our duty to glorify motherhood!!!
how awesome is that?!?! I love the prophets!

2 comments:

Nancy K said...

Sounds like a great book! Thanks for passing the word along

Christy said...

what a great quote! i love that he said we should be joyful. i bet you are great at that, you are such a happy person. thanks for the reccommendation-- i will have to check that book out sometime.