Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ode to our mothers!

Ode to my beautiful mother who taught me to love one another

She is the best example of service, she is so in tune with the spirit, she has led our family in righteousness, she gives of herself and I know she loves us.

She is super funny and is crazy with her family. She likes to pull pranks (like taking farting machines to family reunions) and loves to laugh, she is always so nice and lets me use her big bath!! "Barrrruuuuuump" I love her for being such a good grandma, she teaches Mayley and Hunter new things each time she is with them and she loves their PAPA.

Side note with being funny: She loves to play "where's waldo" in the mall, and was the campbells soup lady one year. We know how she love her soups and how dad thinks they scare the kids.

She teaches me how to sew, how to learn new things, when to love myself and how to be a good mom when I am LOW.

She teaches me how to bargain shop and go to yard sales. She teaches that's not worth it to get mad when driving, she is example is so many ways. She takes care of me and family and she is always smiling.

She has a positive attitude towards her MS and taking care of dad with his diabetes. She helps me to know that the Lord is there for us and that temple is a special place where we can build our testimonies.

(this is the end of my poem)
Mayley loves grandma snickerdoodle!! Hunter loves running and jumping into your arms. They love all the yummy treats that you get for them like they know they are going to drink POP when they are with Grandma!! Bryan likes that he can rip a big one and wont get in trouble and that you can always top it. LOL! Brianne is glad that she can laugh when you wear your eyepatch and say ARRRR matey and that pee your pants when you are jumping on the trampoline.
We are grateful for mom and so grateful she is one of my best friends. We love her so much and We so grateful for her sacrifices and love for us. She has always supported us in everything we have done. We have been so blessed throughout our lives. We are so grateful to Heavenly Father for giving us such an awesome mom!! You are da best Rhondizzle!!



Ode to the Lyndanator!

I am going to type as fast as possible as that is how you talk because you are always so excited to talk to everyone. We are thankful for always putting others first and making their lives better. We are grateful for all the things that you get for Mayley and Hunter and all the things you teach us. If anyone received an award for best host it would be you. Salesmen are invited in for dinner, you gladly let everyone and anyone stay in the basement, and you cook homemade rolls and scones for everyone.

You play the flute, piano, accordian, and kazoo. You can do swivel hips on the trampoline, and in your prime you ran track, danced, pep squad, and dove. (When you were young you thought diving was fun) You were almost Miss Swiss Days, but you were "miss Heber Water"

You are a fun grandma, we like how you give the kids each 1,000 dollars for their birthdays. They love coming to your house becuase they can pee on the seat and you dont get mad. You just wipe it up with dad's yellow towel. Mayley loves the dress-ups and Hunter loves the trucks and tractors, Brianne likes how you play old school games such as pass the pigs and hopes one day to play pigs while sharing a coke with you. We also like your immitations of American Idol contestants. Bryan likes that you pulled him around in the truck when doing the paper route, would be the catcher so he could practice pitching in the backyard for baseball, and let him drive when he was 14. (We were country)

Overall you are great and we are "glad your family" We love you lots and you make everyone "feel good, feel great, and feel wonderful."

4 comments:

Nancy K said...

Very nice! Glad we have our mom!

newsinaminute said...

that was such a pleasant surprise to pull up your blog spot and read such a nice "shout out" that is the fun of being a mom and grandma --thanks for the funny things and the sweet things you said--I sensed that bryan had a hand in the towel doing the wiping up is that true? either way--I appreciated it all and it made my day (: thank you thank you --I love you rightback

Jessica said...

What a fun idea to write a tribute to your moms. I just love Rhonda! We should get together next time I am in Salt Lake and go to lunch with our moms! Hope you had a Happy Birthday too, love ya Bri!

Jake and Kate said...

Hey Brito, I had to look at that pic again of Lynda & Hunter, just to make sure I'm not crazy. Turns out I'm crazy! I don't know why I thought she was holding Bryan. I'm so silly... ah well. It was sure fun to see you last week! Love ya!