Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mayley Multi-tasking!!

A joke while Bryan and I were dating was that we could multitask while talking on the phone with each other since I lived at my parents house before the mission and he lived in Rexburg at BYU-Idaho so we talked A LOT on the phone. Well I guess Mayley started multi- tasking last night. She has recently been saying her own prayers at meal time and before she goes to bed. So last night at dinner time we asked her who was going to say the prayer. She replied, "ME" So she started praying..."Heavenly Father, thank you this day, thank you for food," Then there is a pause in the prayer and we hear her fork hitting in the plate and we squint our eyes open to see her sneaking a bite of food in between the prayer...then she went on with the prayer "Bless Hunter, bless mommy, bless daddy, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

It was classic!! One of those moments that you have to laugh at! I'm sure Heavenly Father had a smile on his face as well. I love the innocence of my children!! It was so stinkin funny. I giggle everytime I think of her sneaking that bite in!!!

4 comments:

Nancy K said...

FUNNY!!!

Hayley said...

that is hilarious!

stephanie said...

I love that story!! That made my day. :)

newsinaminute said...

that is so fun that she wants to pray--funny thing --praying can make you hungry yeh? we chuckled too (: thanks for sharing--its those little day to day --moments that they talked about in conference talks that make it fun to be a mom and dad...