Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BLT Pasta its whats for dinner

Last night I made this for dinner. It was super yummy! We loved it! I am always looking for something yummy and new to make for dinner. Bry loved it. But then again its not that hard to please him because he is the best hubby ever and eats anything I make him. Here is the recipe


3 cups (8 oz.) penne pasta, uncooked
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut up
1 cup milk
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
1 tsp. Italian seasoning

Make It
COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, cook cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese in large skillet on medium-high heat 3 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 5 min. or until heated through.
DRAIN pasta; return to pan. Add sauce; toss to coat.

The way I made it was a little bit different. I cooked more bacon like 7-8 slices instead of just 4. I also did canned diced tomatoes instead of the grape or cherry tomatoes.

I also made some yummy Italian bread to go with it. I spread butter on the bread, with garlic salt, and italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese on top and broil it in the oven. We like to dip it in olive oil and basalmic vinegar.

4 comments:

Steph H said...

YUM!!! I saw a recipe for a BLT pasta in Real Simple and have been meaning to try it. Thanks for writing this down. We're constantly trying to cook better dinners from scratch. Way to be domestic, Bri!

Steph H said...

Also, couldn't agree more with adding extra bacon! But only 7-8? I might add 12... ah, sweet delicious bacon!

newsinaminute said...

what a great dish to share--you are go the extra mile to look up things to cook --and take such good care of your family--I am inspired by you--maybe we could break out of our mon-stroganoff, tues..taco....etc...mode...
off I go to cook!!

Jake and Kate said...

Yummy! I need to be more ambitious when it comes to cooking. I think I'll try that sometime!! I wish I had a hubby that would eat anything, ya lucky duck! ;)