Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm an Aggie again!!!

I am super excited to post this on here because ever since I started going to college I've always wanted to finish school. That didn't really happen after I decided to go on my mission, come home and get married super fast and have kids very fast too. I studied piano pedagogy for a year up at Utah State. It was very intense and it wasn't for me. I cried everyday because I had no social life and it was a lot of practicing like 3 and 4 hours of hard piano practicing stuck in a little tiny room. I decided that I wanted to go into the Elementary Ed program. I loved it. Every class that I took was totally fun and I enjoyed what I was doing. I went to BYU-Idaho after me and bry got married and I loved all of the classes I took up there and it prepared me to where I am today. The ElED Program at USU is very competitive so you have to go through an interview process to be accepted into their program. I had already tried once to get into the program but wasn't accepted. The Lord guided me to serve a mission which was the best for me at that time. So one reason we moved to Tooele was for the extension they have out here so I could finish school. I had to go to Logan a couple weeks ago for my interview. Bry gave me a blessing the night before and I felt so much more at peace the next day. My mom went up with me and watched the kids and took them to the little zoo they have there. They had a blast. I had an amazing group interview and lots of cool ladies that I was able to be surrounded by. I felt like I did my best when I got done with it all. My mom took me to "BLUEBIRD" for lunch. It's the best food in Logan!

Well, I recieved a packet in the mail a couple days ago and I was accepted into the program. What a cool feeling. I think its going to be rewarding but very hard at the same time. I hope I can be a mom and go to school next month. It is definently going to be challenging but I've got AGGIE SPIRIT!! "Utah State, Hey! Aggies All the Way! Go AGGIES Go AGGIES HEY HEY HEY!!"

14 comments:

stephanie said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I'm so happy for you, Bri! You are wonder woman, though, WOW. Keep us posted on how it goes being a full-time mom and student! You'll do such a great job, I just know it!

christianna said...

menina do céu! parabens!!

that's awesome ... you'll be fine ... it will be lots of work, but you can do it!

after putting up with me for 6 weeks in osasco and still accomplishing marvellous things ... i think you can do anything!! :P

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOOKIE!!! I'm so happy for you that you're doing something you've always wanted to. Good luck juggling school, kids, husband, house, laundry, cleaning, and everything else that comes your way! You're a champ in my eye!

Jessica said...

That's so exciting Bri! Good for you- finishing school. I think that el-ed would be a fun program. I'm glad you stuck with USU, too. I think that you played a big part in my choosing to go to USU.

Melissa and Doug said...

Congratulations Bri, that is so exciting for you. Good Luck with everything. Go Aggies, Go. USU brings back lots of good memories.

Jessica said...

Congrats, Bri! I am so excited for you. You will be blessed to be able to do everything you need to.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. I'm so happy for you. Go Aggies1

Elise said...

Go Aggies!! Congrats-I am so proud of you and I am so glad that you were led to serve a mission and could bless all of us. Good luck with juggling it all. Loves!

Holly said...

Wow! Way to go! I was actually just crying today wondering how I was going to manage two kids when I'm having a hard enough time with my 1! You are super woman!

Michelle said...

Mooks-
It is a very difficult task to be able to go to school and be a mom, but it can be done. I just graduated doing the same thing. It was very tough. There were days that I struggled and just didn't think I could be stretched out any further. But I was able to handle it. I had to constantly reevaluate my priorities to keep them straight-that being mom is most important. And when that was in line, then everything else worked out. Good luck and just remember you can do this! I am so happy for you!

Jake and Kate said...

YAY for Brito! I knew you'd do so well in your interview! I'm glad it went well for ya! Good luck at school! It'll be hard, but you're amazing so you can totally handle it. Go AGGIES! ;)

Nancy K said...

Hooray for you!

Steph H said...

Woo hoo!! Look at you go! That'll be so great for you to go back to school and finish. My mom didn't go back to school until she was pregnant with her seventh child, but she finished her degree. I have major respect for people who can balance it.

I have to disagree on one count though. Firehouse is hands down the best food in Logan.

Congrats to you!!

Linds said...

wow! what an undertaking!! I wish you the very very best with that! You're a super hero mom for sure! :)