Monday, June 15, 2009

Youth Conference SNOW COLLEGE!!

I was invited to go to Youth Conference by the Young Women's President in our ward this year. None of the leaders could go except 2 so I was the 3rd leader for the Young Women. I absolutley love doing things with the Youth and I loved getting to know the Young Women in our ward. I have been in primary the whole time we have lived in tooele so It was so fun to get to know the Young Women more!! I have been to Snow College maybe once so it was fun to go down to Ephraim and Manti. Snow has a youth conference staff and they had tons of fun things to do. When we first got there they had fun games for the stake and other wards to play like volleyball and these fun elastic bounce things. I did it and fell on my butt and I was laughing pretty hard!!
I got the kids to play on the big twister mat. It was homemade! what a creative idea. All of the kids were standing around so I said. COME EVERYONE LETS PLAY!!



I was trying to stay up. The kids were better at it than I was!!
The young men and young women are a small group but they are pretty fun and crazy kids!!




Snow has a youth conference staff and they had tons of fun things to do. We played water games for 3 or 4 hours. There were tons of fun things they had planned. One of the Young Women got Bry to go down the Bounce water slide. Since Bry was already wet he decided to have fun and do the slippin slide too!!









They played crab soccer. They would get the ball wet but it started to get cold and rain so they stopped the hose. Bry was good at this. I was the picutre taker for everyone. I just watched everyone playing games.





They had water balloon launchers too. Bry and Bro Dave Greco had fun being the launcher holders. Dave Greco is quite the funny man. It was fun getting to know him better too!



We listened to a fireside given by Travis Osmond (Merrill Osmond's son) He gave me a guitar pick that was played by donny osmond. I gave it to my mom because my mom LOVES Donny. We had a dance that night and it was fun to dance with my hubby. I was sad cause Hunter had an ear infection but it was a blessing in disguise because my parents were able to take him to their friend who is a doctor and was able to get him some amoxillian fast.
On saturday we went up to a ropes course in the moutains. It was super fun to watch the youth. Then we went by the Manti Temple and had a super yummy lunch while it poured rain and then it cleared up and the stake had a testimony mtg. I loved being with the youth!! What a fun time to learn so many new things and new lessons about life. I love serving in the church!! Its just amazing and awesome!!







8 comments:

Michael and Natalia said...

Great camera work, Brianne!!!! You even got the splashing so clear :)
They couldn't have picked a better person to go with the youth. You are so funny, reliable, positive, full of energy and smiles :) and very spiritual! I'm so glad you had fun and loved every minute of it! What a great trip!

Andrea said...

I am so jealous that you got to go and do that. My stake growing up never went anywhere like that and I have never been able to serve in Young Womens. It looks like you had so much fun.

newsinaminute said...

that is what makes it fun for the kids when the leaders jump into the games and water etc. and have fun too--so glad that bryan is the YMens pres. and that you were invited to go too...you'll look back with fond memories--as the years go by--(and now too-)(:

Jessica said...

It looks like you guys have been having tons of fun!!! Someday you will be a YM president, I just know it!

Nancy K said...

You are such a fun leader! Good times!

Tina said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! I'm sure they were so glad you went! Your kids are super cute! It is too bad we live so far away! Sounds like you are doing well! Thanks for leaving me cute notes! I love the internet to keep in touch with friends!

Hayley said...

looks like you had a lot of fun

ellenglunt said...

Lucky youth to have both you and Bryan there as leaders. You both are such great examples of optimism and spiritual strength.