Monday, April 28, 2008

This is a first

Have any of you ever had a toenail fall off?? I have really weird toes and I was always paranoid that no one would marry me because of my toes. My middle toe is the shortest toe and it likes to hide behind the toe next to it. I noticed a long time ago that my middle toenail was weirdly discolored and so I would always try and put fingernail polish on my toes so that I could cover it up. This has been for at least a year now. I noticed the other night that the toenail was falling off and not even connected to the skin. So today I went on a long walk with my friend and when I got home and took off my sweaty socks and then jumped in the shower and after it was just handing there so I peeled it off. I know that sounds super gross. I just have never had a toenail fall off before. I don't know how to take care of a toenailess toe! so if any of you have had this kind of thing happen..how do you take care of it??
It doesn't hurt at all and it doesn't even feel like I'm missing the toenail so that's a plus!!

4 comments:

christianna said...

ha ha ha! that is so funny!

well, i had one fall off on the mission. but because i was in the "sister" mode, i really didn't do much as far as worrying about nail polish or anything. i just kinda let it hang out there. ...

oh, and i did seize every opportunity to torment one of the elders who thought it was completely disgusting to lose a toenail. ha ha. that was fun.

Emilie said...

Bri -
That's great. I had a toenail fall off on the mish too. Ah! Remembering the good ole days of Sao Paulo.
We should get together sometime!

Marissa said...

So sad, but funny, too! I would give advice, but I don't know! :)

Kerri said...

You need to have Bryan suck on it for about five minutes every night and it will get better.