Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Power of a testimony

In the past couple of weeks I have answered the door twice to find Jehova Witnesses standing on my door preaching to me. Of course they are doing something good and trying to preach the word of God. They were very nice people.

So what would you do if this happens to you? Do you say "I'm LDS" and slam the door in their faces? NO of course not because we are not that kind of people to rub our religion into others faces and reject them. Do you try to preach the gospel to them, give them a book of mormon, and tell them they are wrong??? ummm yeah I don't know exactly. It is such an awkard situation. The first time it was 2 ladies and I had no idea who they were. I just told them that I would pass on taking it...because really I'm NOT going to read it and it is a waste to give to me. so they were nice and said they would come by another time. YIKES. then they came again today. I listened to them and was nice but my excuse was that I had to run mayley over to the little preschool that I take her to. REALLY WE WERE!! But it has made me think of the power of my testimony and the truths that come from being a LATTER DAY SAINT!

I just wanted to share my testimony of how TRUE and amazing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints TRULY IS TRUE!! whoa that is a lot of trues!! That is because it is!!!!
I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ visted Joseph Smith in the grove and answered his prayers. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet and restored all the truths and Jesus Christ's Church to the earth. I know he recieved the preisthood through the John the Baptist and Peter, James and John. I know that we have divine revelation through our living prophet Pres. Monson. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know he atoned for our sins. I know he loves us and he knows us personally. He answers our prayers when we are sincere and he has made it possible to return to our Heavenly Father. I know that the Book of Mormon testify's of Jesus Christ and his mission and his love for us. We can become better people when we read the Book of Mormon. It is true. I love the gospel so much and we can find true happiness when we live it. When we serve the Lord in callings and our neighbors and when we bear testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. I am grateful to know the true gospel and the happiness it brings. I'm grateful for temples and the plan of living with our families for eternity! what a blessing.

Thanks for reading everyone. I know its kinda long. I just wanted to share my feelings for the amazing gospel. I don't know what my life would be like without!

4 comments:

Christy said...

first of all, i think you're awesome for being so nice to those ladies. i actually DON'T think all lds people would do the same, even though that's what we're supposed to do. probably something to do with you knowing a little what it feels like to be in their shoes!

and yes, the gospel is amazing, we are so blessed! thanks for sharing.

newsinaminute said...

thanks for sharing those thoughts on this post and on the night of sis call being set apart--that is such a great thing that your testimony reflects from you in the way you live day to day--still its nice to hear also the written word of your testimony--that made my day
see you tomorrow--we'll take oh so good care of your treasures.

christianna said...

amen, sister.
:)

Anonymous said...

My hubby always talks to them and tells them that he knows how hard it is to serve a mission because he served for our church. We kindly tell them we don't want their magazine and send them on their way. That is about it. They don't come back anymore, but I don't think it is because of what he said. I think you will handle it to the best of your ability and I KNOW you won't offend them, you are just too sweet.