Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My suprise christmas Present!!

Bryan suprised me for Christmas and took me to Cancun. We were blessed to get some free airline tickets from one of his family members so that helped!! We just got back and stayed for 5 days! It was amazing!! it was the perfect getaway. The kids stayed with both of our parents and I feel so super lucky that the kids have amazing grandparents to take care of our kids. I MISSED THEM so much! I had a breakdown the first night we were there thinking about how much I already missed them. My kids mean the world to me! There were so many adventures and so many fun things that happened it would take me forever to tell about all the fun things that we did. I wanted to share some fun pics I found randomly on the internet of the places we went and stayed. The first 3 days we stayed about 45 minutes south in an all inclusive hotel called the BARCELO MAYA BEACH. It was soooooo beautiful. I was in awe the first night we got there. I felt like we were in a paradise. It had everything there you could think of. A spa, Jacuzzi, saunas, steam rooms, all you can eat buffetts (yummy amazing food), swimming pools, hammocks to lay back and relax in, water activities, volleyball courts, a shopping plaza, everything. It was super fun to stay there but I'm glad we got out and saw other places as well.


The Barcelo Beach All inclusive!

The 3rd day we were there we took a trip and rented a car out to see Chichen itza!! It was amazing to see. We got there late in the day so we got a guy to take us on a personal tour for half the price because we only had an hour to tell us everything. It was so much better with someone to tell us all about the ruins.


The next day driving back from chichen itza we stopped off at the Tulum Ruins. We found a guy that is LDS and he shared with us all about the importance of the Book of Mormon significance of these ruins. It was beautiful here because it is right next to the ocean!! WOW it was breathtaking!

We got to spend a night and half a day over in Cozumel. This is the hotel we stayed in right next to the beach from a overhead view. Cozumel was beautiful. we got to see the beautiful sunset, go shopping, go to pizzza hut for dinner (I was craving pizza for some reason!), and we rented a scooter to do all of this. the scooter was a blast! we just rented one and rode on it together. I kinda crashed it cause I got scared and yeah we didn't get hurt though. yikes. We had some amazing tacos the day we came home at a little public beach. WOW not even close to taco time or taco bell thats for sure. I loved cozumel! I wish we had more time to spend there. I love the ocean and the beach! Its amazing.


I will have to share the pics once we get them downloaded! We took about a million pictures. Mexico is soooooooooo much like brazil I couldn't even believe it. When we got downtown I felt like I was in brazil again. My heart felt like home for a moment! warm and cozy! yes I know in Mexico! wow it made me want to go to brazil so bad. Bry did wonderful speaking in spanish to all the mexicans! I could understand about 75 percent of everything they were saying!! It was fun to try and speak it a little bit. I actully learned more while I was there. I did things all by myself by speaking spanish! I suprised myself. anyway....what an amazing trip! I'm glad to be home to my kids. I missed them so much!! Bryan is the best hubby ever!! A vacation was much needed for me and bry! It was everything I could ever dream of. :) more pics will come soon.

7 comments:

Liz said...

SOOOOOO jealous. It sounds like it was a blast.

Nancy K said...

HOORAY for you guys!

Kerri said...

Wow, what a trip! Sounds amazing. Glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Lance and Nicole said...

It sounds like you had fun and it sounds like you used a little bit of Lance's advice. Chichen Itza and Tulum really are great places to go while there! I hope it wasn't as hot as it was when I went there!

Christy said...

what a fantastic christmas present, you're husband is a very smart man. sounds like so much fun!

Jake and Kate said...

Sounds like a heavenly trip! That's so awesome. I'm excited to see the pics!

Marissa said...

So fun! I am so glad you got some "couple" time!